Meet the Sutton team, providing excellent care
and friendly service for all
Contact the Sutton
Team, or request an appointment
via our online form.
Find out more about our Sutton Practice, the original “Ask Sid Dental” in Sussex
- If you are in receipt of state benefits please make sure you bring your proof in at every new course of treatment. This is a legal requirement.
- The text message service we provide is an extra prompt out of courtesy of the practice. Please do not rely on it.
- Please make sure your mobile phone is switched off at all times whilst you are in the practice.
- Out of courtesy for other patients please can you stop your children from standing on the furniture.
- Due to high demand of NHS spaces it is important for you to attend regular appointments. If you have not been seen at the practice for 18 months or more you will be de registered.
- We may Text patients regarding appointments and updates about the Practice. If you wish to opt out please inform the Practice.
In this practice we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are happy with their experience of our service. When patients complain they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on the objectives below.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to patients concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is the Practice Administrator.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to the Practice Administrator as soon as possible. If the matter cannot be resolved the member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on to the Practice Administrator.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to the Practice Administrator.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patients complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within 3 working days from date of receipt by first class post. We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days of receipt to give an explanation of circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving explanation for the delay and the likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to one of the following:
- Primary Care Trust-NHS West Sussex, 1 The Causeway, Goring-by-sea, Woking, West Sussex, BN12 6BT. Telephone: 01903 708400, Fax: 01903700981
- The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London W1M 8DQ (the dentists’ registration body)